Dog Bite Expert Witness
Canine Behavior Expert, Robert H. Brandau, A.C.O., provides expert behavioral opinions regarding personal injury and criminal charges as a result of canine involvement. I am available nationwide for criminal and civil cases, plaintiff or defense.
Dog Bite Expert Witness Services
Attention Attorneys and dog bite victims. Contact me to discuss: dog bites, canine training, dog jumping incidents, dogs running at large, dogs terrorizing children or adults, lost dogs, canine containment and control issues, canine housing and care issues, canine co-ownership issues, invisible fencing containment issues, canine product liability cases, dog bite provocation, owner negligence, dogs possessing dangerous tendencies, police dog attacks, and olfactory capabilities (Scent detection and tracking) of police dogs used in establishing probable cause, suspect apprehension and police dog maintenance and training.
Did the owner have prior knowledge and fail to prevent interaction?
Is there a behavioral bias for punitive damages?
Do you know What to ask the witnesses?
Click Here to Email Us or call: 866.GET.USK9 (866.438.8759)
As a trained New Jersey State Certified Animal Control Officer, I understand the correct procedure for the restraint and handling of aggressive animals.
I am trained in establishing probable cause, scene assessment and the collection and introduction of evidence. My experience includes court testimony on canine behavior.
I have testified and been deposed in a number of dog-related cases and I am familiar with New Jersey Statute 4:19-23 Potentially Dangerous Dog Law.
Robert H. Brandau is widely recognized as an expert in dog behavior
- It often requires an expert to analyze the evidence It often requires an expert to analyze the evidence and sometimes the dog may have to be evaluated to prove aggression, provocation and causes of the dog bite. This enhances both the liability and damages sides of your case regardless of whether your case is governed by a strict liability dog bite statute. Sometimes the opinion of the expert settles the case.
- No two dog bites are the same I have been evaluating canine aggression and testifying in court for the past 20 years. I am trained as an expert witness. I have already been involved in dozens of dog bite and dog related cases as an expert. I have prepared reports and testified in court for victims, attorneys, plaintiffs, defendants, police, municipalities, animal control officers, the A.S.P.C.A., district attorneys and courts of law.
- Witness questions prepared for you I will prepare a list of questions you should pose to the witnesses during interrogatories and depositions. Often the expert knows things to ask that would never occur to you. Questions I have prepared for interrogatories have settled the case. Questions I have prepared for depositions have created opportunities for settlement.
- Was there prior knowledge?Did the dog owner know there was a problem with the animal and failed to prevent interaction? I can make that determination and help secure the evidence.
- My name has grown internationally Not only am I regarded as an expert in the courtroom but also in other ventures. The proof of this can be seen in major motion pictures, TV, commercials and United States Postal Service Dog Bite Prevention Public Service Announcements. Dogs I have bred, trained and worked with were seen with Michael J. Fox in the ‘Secret of My Success”, Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor and Kevin Spacey in “See No Evil, Hear No Evil”, Vanessa Williams and Robert Downey Jr. in “The Pickup Artist”, Tele Savalas in ”Kojack”, Diane Lane in “Lady Beware”, Robert Ulrich in “Spencer For Hire”, Billy Dee Williams for Colt 45, plus I can be seen, along with my dogs in “The Equalizer”, on “Late Nite” with David Letterman, and on “MTV” with Jon Stewart. And I make an appearance in and trained the dogs and provided the training for the United States Postal Service Dog Bite Prevention Public Service Announcements.I served as President of FOWA (The Friends of Wayne Animals Society) and managed the Wayne Township Animal Shelter in 2007.
I have been called a “Real life Dog Whisperer”
by News Correspondent John Huddy from Fox News and WOR News in July 2008 and been called “Sussex Counties own dog whisperer knows what your pet is thinking.” By Rosa Kasper News Reporter N.J. Advertiser News in April 2007.
Get the Information You Need Now!
Click Here to Email Us or call: 866.GET.USK9 (866.438.8759) to discuss your case.
You will be able to use my name, expertise and credentials.
This credibility may well assist in settling your case before trial as it has for others in the past. Please contact us for a copy of my CV and to discuss your case.
To be retained as an expert
I require a letter stating my acceptance by you as an expert witness along with what will be required of me. My retainer fee for these services starts at $2500.00. All case related actions are billed at $350.00 per hour. Off premise needs are billed door to door. Any associated expenses incurred are billed separately and often have minimums. Court “wait” time fees are negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Some cases may require up front expense monies and hourly fees. My retainer agreement may be secured by email.
Send me your Case for review
By reviewing your Complaint and Response it can be determined if my expertise can prove to be valuable to the outcome of your case. For this the fee of $350.00 is to be enclosed with the documents.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your case. Click Here to Email Us or call: 866.GET.USK9 (866.438.8759)